Monday, April 28, 2008

Quick Update for the end of April




Blacklisted played Cave Nine last night, and they were stellar. The show was the highlight of the month for sure. They are one of a handful of bands that I feel like I could see every day and never get sick of. It was frustrating to not be able to get in the middle of things due to my shoulder. P.S. Eliot also played the show, and made their demos available to the public. You should get your hands on one. They will be touring all over the states this summer on a demo alone, which is pretty awesome if you ask me....too bad I can't join them.

I am taking a half day at work on Friday so I can go check out Lou Reed at the Ryman in Nashville, TN. I love that venue; there is just nowhere else like it. I will probably do a review of the show for my actual site as I have yet to write a serious one, and I feel like this is as good a time as any. The Velvet Underground and Lou Reed made a big impact on me when I was younger. The following day is the annual Team Win Fish Fry, which I will no doubt post photos of here. Everything will be deep fried. Everything.

As soon as I get the (hopefully) good word from a doctor on my shoulder healing, I will be getting back on the bike full force. I want to hit it hard and ride several days a week, and hopefully find some good trails to ride on a weekend while the weather is nice.

No comments: