Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Last Night @ 2237 & Cruise 2009

Last night I drove to Birmingham for a show at the new Cave 9 space. On the way there, I had several sentences run through my brain that would have been perfect starters for music related writing, something I have wanted to put my focus back on for some time. When I returned home, all of those perfect little column openers had vanished, and I was left staring at a blank MS Word document, defeated again. As an ode to my seemingly endless writer's block, I'm just going to post some photos from the past couple of weeks. Hopefully I will be able to update soon with some writing that I am proud of.

The last night @ 2237 Magnolia Ave:






Progreso, Mexico:








Cozumel, Mexico:




---------

Listening: Trap Them - "Seizures In Barren Praise", Mississippi John Hurt - "Last Sessions", Liz Phair - "Exile In Guyville", Bob Dylan - "Blonde On Blonde", Conor Oberst - "S/T", Neko Case - "Furnace Room Lullaby", Lucero - All.

No comments: